Sunday, September 11, 2005

13 HOURS...

I'm done getting things. I have to stop at Boney's for my supplements and at PepBoys to pick up some things they've collected and take Winston to Janet's and stuff to Mom's to mail...am I exhausted? YES! Am I totally overwhelmed? YES!

But amazing things have happened. Met Dr. Annie at CostCo today and she bought a camera for me to take and use...holy crap!!!! She also paid for almost ALL of the supplies I got there. THANK YOU ANNIE!!!

Mom came through with diapers, juice and various goodies for me and others.

So now I need to pack the truck, get some more donated things in, learn to USE the camera, clean the house and give some love to my mutts who are incredibly concerned about what all is happening.

For those that have donated...THANK YOU.

Here is how the trip will work as it stands at 1 p.m. on Sunday.
Leave around 2 a.m. on Monday...meet up with Dr. Ken Levine in Tucson by 8 a.m. We will travel the 'northern' route, taking the 20 rather then the 10. We will drive until around 7 p.m. tomorrow and will find a motel and crash...leaving on Tuesday around 5 or 6 a.m. Arrive in Shreveport after lunch on Tuesday and staying there to meet some folks working on the relief effort, will spend the night in a motel and get one last good nite of R&R. This will allow us to check supplies, give Tirawa time to stretch his big paws and sleep good...and a decent meal. We will head over to Covington on Wednesday at 5 a.m. and should get there sometime after 8 a.m.

I hear Michael Moore is there and Covington is the hub now...

Well, this is enough for now, back to work!!!

In Peace and thankful for so many amazing people.

Barbara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Recent Articles

Civic Duty

Get Involved!

Government

Local News

Indy Media

Support Our Troops

Our Favorite Blogs