Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunday...dealing with rejection, anger and stupidity...

I did a long diary earlier today and decided to take it down and keep this simple.

I am heading to the hurricane ravaged area...in my truck. I am doing this on my own. I will leave either the 11th or 12th of September. I will make a decision mid-week regarding hauling a trailer. As I think more about that, it might well be more intelligent (from a safety viewpoint) to drive only the truck down and coordinate with those in Baton Rouge and hook to a trailer there and take it to Washington Parish.

This is who I am and what I feel must be done. I am going to call up some favors and make it happen.

If anyone out there wants to be a part of it, please feel free to do one of a couple of things listed below:

1. PayPal donation on the site here. This goes into the Ocean Relief Fund which I have opened at US BANK.

2. Call me for the US BANK account number and make a deposit directly into the account.

3. Send a fuel card for any amount.

I will happily take phone cards and hand them out to refugees if anyone wants to send them to the address listed at the bottom (also send fuel cards there).

If anyone has family and need them moved, let me know and I'll see what I can do....I am going there to help with bringing a life back to refugees. I am beyond angry and am so saddened. If anyone questions my reasons, or my being so bold to ask for donations, call me.

Sometimes it is time to 'PAY IT FORWARD'...go rent the movie...you'll understand then.

I have calls to make to the east coast now and down to LA to see if people have arrived safely.

Thank you to all who are helping and a huge thank you for those that believe in me and my ability to assist.

In Peace and God bless.

Barbara


Barbara Schulz
Ocean Relief Fund
PO BOX 2215
Oceanside, California 92051

Remember though I am leaving on Sunday, September 11th!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Recent Articles

Civic Duty

Get Involved!

Government

Local News

Indy Media

Support Our Troops

Our Favorite Blogs